What was your favorite part of writing your story for this anthology?
When I wrote FEMME FATALE, I loved getting to dive deep into the life of a dangerous vampire heroine. She was tough and secretive, and ever so much fun to write! I’ve always loved the idea of a “Femme Fatale” and I really hated to end Savannah Moreau’s story!
New York Times & USA Today Best-selling Author
My favorite part about writing The Consort was revisiting my Sentinels of New Orleans world from a whole new direction, with all new characters, knowing it works as a standalone for those who aren't familiar with the series. Faerie is a newly developed world for me, and it was fun to create the Fae Hunters--those who live in the human side of the veil and run a New Orleans bar on the side with fantasy play-rooms for human clients wanting to role-play. I mean, what REALLY goes on in that forest room? I mean, this IS New Orleans, after all!
Suzanne Johnson * Susannah Sandlin
Smart Heroines, Hot Heroes, Cool Stories
As Suzanne Johnson
Author of the award-winning Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series:
ROYAL STREET; RIVER ROAD; ELYSIAN FIELDS; PIRATE'S ALLEY
Coming in 2016 from TOR Books: BELLE CHASSE
As Susannah Sandlin
Author of the best-selling paranormal thrillers PENTON LEGACY SERIES and STORM FORCE
2015 Holt Medallion and 2015 Booksellers Best Award winner in romantic suspense: LOVELY, DARK, AND DEEP
Coming in Spring 2016 from Montlake Romance: WILD MAN'S BLUFF
1. Kathleen Murphy's apartment is in some unknown location in Manhattan, but the bar where she meets Jake is based on a real hotel I stayed in once a long time ago. Yes, it did have an exclusive night club on the roof. No, I didn't make a deal with the devil in order to get in.
2. The term "whiskey dick" is featured in this story, solely because Jeffe Kennedy suggested it. :)
3. Kathleen's first big hit was a book called Ride with the Devil, which is a story I wrote about Kathleen's past.
4. Kathleen's coffee shop exists.
5. The devil sometimes looks like Al Pacino, and yes, that is because of the movie Devil's Advocate, which I think I might watch again right after I finish this blog post.
Reviewers interested in getting a copy for review? Check out this form.
Want to pre-order?