1. Kathleen Murphy's apartment is in some unknown location in Manhattan, but the bar where she meets Jake is based on a real hotel I stayed in once a long time ago. Yes, it did have an exclusive night club on the roof. No, I didn't make a deal with the devil in order to get in.
2. The term "whiskey dick" is featured in this story, solely because Jeffe Kennedy suggested it. :)
3. Kathleen's first big hit was a book called Ride with the Devil, which is a story I wrote about Kathleen's past.
4. Kathleen's coffee shop exists.
5. The devil sometimes looks like Al Pacino, and yes, that is because of the movie Devil's Advocate, which I think I might watch again right after I finish this blog post.
Reviewers interested in getting a copy for review? Check out this form.
Want to pre-order?
When I was first asked to participate in Dark Secrets, I didn't know I was going to include Dance with the Devil. I'd started writing the story, a sequel to a previous release, Ride With the Devil, some time before, but hadn't gotten very far. Shortly after agreeing to take part in this fantastic anthology, it hit me. Noir, paranormal romance...
What better to write about than a deal with the devil?
Dance with the Devil, though, stands on its own (so while I'd love for you all to pick up a copy of Ride with the Devil, it won't be necessary to enjoy DWD!) Writing it was so much fun, because it was a chance to take everything that had happened in the previous work and set it on end, as well as continuing to explore this world I'd set up where making a deal with the devil leads you into a whole lot of interesting places...not every one of them bad.
So there it is, why I this story ended up in Dark Secrets, along with five other stories from some amazing authors. Reviewers interested in getting a copy for review? Check out this form.
Want to pre-order?